Thursday, July 24, 2014

My Morning and Bedtime Skin Routine


I have been blessed with pretty clear skin as a rule and, as I get closer to twenty, any acne I did have seems to be mostly clearing up.

However, a huge part of having (and keeping) clear skin is consistently washing and moisturizing my face on a daily basis. It takes a effort to do it everyday, (especially because my bedtime routine has three different facial washes) but the payoff is huge.


My Morning Routine

Because I am usually in a hurry, this is the quicker of the two routines. My face is a combination type so sometimes I'll when I wake up, it will be oily and other times, very dry.

Either way, I quickly wash it with Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser. It's super inexpensive and it smells really good. I don't believe it really wakes you up and makes you more alert like it claims but it does make me feel cleaner and more refreshed.

After I wash and dry it with a soft, clean towel, I use NIVEA Soft Moisturizing Crème. This is what I'm currently using - I've used other moisturizing creams before and they all seem to work about the same. The only thing I would insist on my creams having is Vitamin E oil inside. Vitamin E oil is good for extra moisture, healing old scars and fading acne marks.


My Evening Routine

This one I usually do in the shower - it takes a lot longer and is easier to do with constant running water.

I start with an exfoliator (not pictured) which opens up my pores. The exfoliator I use is called "The Expert Exfoliator" by Garnier. Exfoliating seems to really eliminate those little oily pimples that I can get from time to time. It feels AMAZING afterwards like my face can finally breathe. This is probably my favorite step in the routine.

The second facial wash I use is "Clearasil Daily Face Wash". This is to promote clean, clear skin and to help strip away all facial oils. The smell isn't the greatest but whatever, it's worth it.

The third and final facial wash is "Clearasil Acne + Mark Wash & Mask". This also smells weird but it really helps fade any old acne scars or marks. I spread it over my face and wait a minute before washing it off.

Once I get out of the shower, I use the same moisturizer (NIVEA Soft Moisturizing Crème). I especially target around my brow area because that is generally the most dry.

Final Tips

  • I try to always wash my make-up before I go to bed because it feels gross and is always really bad for your skin.
  • I change my pillowcases a lot because they can collect face grease (ew!) and probably should just be done anyways. 
  • I wear as little make-up as possible so that my face can breathe. 
Again, since my face is pretty clear as a general rule, so I would have no idea how to treat a face that has chronic acne or anything like that. But if you have generally clear skin with an occasional pimple here and there, this routine has worked for me for about a year and a half now. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...