Monday, July 28, 2014

"But Other Fashion Bloggers Are So Much Cooler Than Me..."


It's hard not to get envious of other fashion bloggers. Cooler clothes, more style, better camera, nicer jewelry, more expensive homes; the list could go on and on. It can be an overwhelming and discouraging mental burden to carry.


My belief is that you control and override your thought pattern. It's as simple as correcting yourself when thinking. So, for example, if I think, "Why can't I have as many preppy clothes as Classy Girls Wear Pearls bloggers have??", I would immediately tell myself, "You're a student in college and you have LOTS of pretty clothes as it is. Many girls would LOVE your closet." And then I move on. It's basic thought rewriting and re-enforcing.

Another thing I tell myself is that even the top dogs are probably comparing themselves to other fashion bloggers too. It's a vicious cycle that continues all the way to the top.



The key is to quickly move on and turn that negative discontent into something postive. Use that envy to push yourself to a new goal - for example, putting more effort into how you look when just at home. Or wearing more accessories on a daily basis. Use that discontent to fuel yourself to make your blog better - look at what they're doing and see how you can imitate it.




I'm curious to know if other fashion bloggers sometimes feel envious? If you do, do you have any tips on how to combat those feelings of discontent and envy?

Dress: Eshakti | Shoes: Thrift Store | Bow: Claire's | Purse: Thrift Store
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...