Wednesday, July 16, 2014

In My Heart, I Knew It Was Over


I said goodbye to a close friend of mine the other day. I didn't want to at all but, in my heart, I knew our friendship was over and it was time to move on. People change and you change and the best thing is do remember the happy memories you had together.


I think an important part of "friend breakup" is not dwelling on the past. I could focus on how I feel hurt by all this or I can choose to spend my time and energy making new friends. I am a huge believer in the power of positive thinking.


While going through this breakup, I was able to draw closer to a very, very old friend of mine and just getting to talk to each other and mutually share our struggles was SO beautiful. We've been friends for twenty years (yeah, our whole life!) - such an amazing blessing!


In the end, these things are never fun. They hurt and it's hard to get over them. But the strength to move past these things is inside of us.

Dress: Eshakti (Same)
Shoes: Target (Similar)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...