Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Coral and Navy


Hey everyone! My name is Hannah. I've known Maria and Rose for about two decades. It's been tons of crazy fun!




Today I wore one of my favorite outfits and color combinations: a navy tee and coral pants!




When I was working my first job (as a barista at the local coffee shop), there was a girl who worked there (and who is now my friend) who always wore pink pants with her coffee shop-issued uniform tee shirt. While the rest of us were going around in bleach-spotted khakis and stained black slacks, she was little miss sunshine in her pink pants. It was kind of inspiring.





So, when I found this pair in my size on sale at Maurices (where I now work and consequently buy most of my clothes), I thought I'd give them a whirl. I LOVE PINK PANTS! They are perfect for warmer weather and add such a whimsical touch to any wardrobe. All my capris tend to be either denim or khaki, and these pink pants break up the monotony. 
They are cropped pants, so if I roll them up a bit they come about midway between my ankle and knee. They are casual, but dressy. They are flattering, but comfortable.
In a nutshell, They are so fun!


Here is my curly hair in all its glory. (Humidity is all the rage.)

At work today I paired them with a navy camisole and navy tee. Navy blue is an awesome color to pair with bright coral pants. The darker color tones the brighter one down, so you can still have fun but not go crazy :). This is great news for someone on the fashion-shy side, like me. A scarf adds some interest and pulls all the colors together. For work I also accessorized with plain brown flats and navy blue dangling earrings.




When I went to work, it was a bright sunny morning. When I got out (and took these pictures), it had begun to rain. 




So this is what I would have worn to work, if I'd known it was going to rain :o). I just threw a scarf and trench coat over the outfit. Rainy days have a way of making you feel so classy!




Coral Cropped Pants: Maurices
Navy Crinkle Cami: Maurices
Navy Tee: Maurices
Earrings: Guess where? (Maurices)
Flats: Payless
Scarf: Maurices (of course)
Trench Coat: Ruche
Bracelets: Maurices (It's kind of sad, really.)


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...