Tuesday, August 12, 2014

How To Get Ready Faster (And Still Look Fabulous!) - A Guide For College Girls

I know how it goes. You wake up and you have to be at your early morning English class in 25 minutes. But you hate starting your day in sweatpants and a hoodie. You want to look fabulous but you don't think you have the time. I am here to tell you you can look GREAT in 25 minutes or less if you focus on these six tips.


1. Make looking good a priority

I always say that the days that you just want to wear sweatpants to class are the days you need to put a little extra effort into looking fabulous. It's good for character and it will turn your day around. So if you really want to look put together and polished during your busy day, you have to make it a priority.

Waking up 15 - 25 minutes earlier than you normally would and putting out that little extra bit of effort can make the difference between a productive, happy good day and a crappy, slouchy day. I can personally guarantee it.


2. Plan outfits ahead of time

I generally don't lay my outfits out on a chair before I go to bed. The only time I would do that is if I am unsure how an outfit will turn out and I can't visualize it it my head.

Usually though, I think about what I have in my closet and what it would go with and plan out my outfits in my head. This is great because then I can wake up and jump out of bed and I know exactly what I want to wear.

Of course, this doesn't always work. There have definitely been those days when I try on seven or eight different outfits and leave the rejects all over my bed and room. Which leads into Tip 3.


3. Try to keep a clean living space

If you're in college, this is probably a dorm. Look, I know it can be super hard to take to clean during your busy semester. In fact, it's basically impossible. I'm a naturally messy person, I should know.

The way I combat messiness is by owning less things. Anything I don't use frequently, I just throw away or donate. This eliminates clutter and makes the room seem clean and empty. The only other tidying thing I do is try to make my bed everyday but that sometimes doesn't happen.

The reason I bring this whole issue up is because clean living space makes for much calmer and easier getting ready. Think about it, if you know where everything is, you won't have to spend time looking for it.


4. Keep a simple makeup routine

The secret to a simple makeup routine is a good skin routine. As long as your face is fairly clear and acne-free, you really don't need a lot of makeup.

Click here to see my simple yet very effective skin routine.

My quick makeup routine is normally just foundation, eyeliner and mascara. It takes ten minutes tops and Rose is even faster at it then I am.


4. Choose simple hairstyles

My hair is totally something I wish I did more with. I am sooo boring when it comes to my hair - it's either down, in a high ponytail or a messy bun. Once in a blue moon, I'll french braid it. These simple variations do have their advantages though; I can do my hair in five minutes or less. 

If you are trying to rush to class, it's probably not a good idea to start making plans to try some crazy-fancy braid combination you saw on Pinterest. I would love to learn how to do more things with my hair, and I plan on it, but if I'm in a rush, I stick to the basics.


5. Pack your backpack the night before

Imagine this scenario: you're rushing to class and scrambling to get everything together and yourself ready and class is in six minutes and you grab your backpack and rush out of the dorm. Once you're sitting in class, proud of yourself for actually making it in time, and your professor asks you to turn in your paper that is due. You reach into your backpack and freeze. You forgot to put it in your backpack because of the morning rush. End Scenario. 

I don't know about you, but personally I am much more able to remember to pack things like papers due, important textbooks, etc, the night before. I try to put everything that I am going to need for the next day in my backpack the night before. That way I don't forget anything I need the next morning. 


6. Take advantage of less busy days

Less busy days are the days you might want to wash your laundry, iron anything that needs to be ironed (ain't nobody got time for that!) and do longer, high maintenance things like plucking your brows or trimming your nails. 

For me last year as a freshman, my less busy day was Sunday. I would wash, dry and put away all my laundry (ick!), pluck my brow, paint my nails and do a deep cleaning of my room. I would also go through my backpack and throw away any papers, notes or handouts I no longer needed. 

This was a great way to take advantage of the quieter days when I had less going on. 


Wrapping things up, these are my six tips I have personally used to get ready with more speed in the mornings. I'm always in love with people that share even more time savers - do you have any? I'd totally love it if you left a comment telling me! 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...